Skip to main content
Topic: Nature's Best (pics) (Read 9501 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Nature's Best (pics)

Reply #15
Ran across this scene on a back road between our place and town. 

Reply #16
LOL - that's crazy! That's when you know your in a rural area. ;)

Reply #17
she's watching the animal planet through the kitchen window on dish network  lol
;D
"kill em all"

Reply #18
Something sure had her interest -- it took me a few minutes to dig out the camera, and during that time she had checked out all the windows, walked back and forth alongside the house a couple times, and finally stepped onto the porch.  Wasn't the least bit concerned with me parked 50 yards away.

Reply #19
Yup.  We get them here.  That's why I pack a G20 generally loaded with 220 gr TC hard cast going as fast as they reliably can.
This time of year the moose get kinda cranky because of the deep crusted snow.  Moose have long legs but spending their winter wading thru 3' of snow doesn't make it easier on them .
If your going to be a Bush Alaskan You need a perfect winter rifle. The Ruger M77 Hawkeye SS in 6.5 Creedmoor is mine.<br>You are being watched.

Reply #20

So a few days back we had some decent weather and I grabbed my RPR and 50 rounds to play with on my 100 yard range next to my barn. I was totally focused and didn't realize I had visitors until one sauntered through my scope at about 50 yards. I eased my finger off the trigger and started taking pics with the cell phone. 18 of these guys grazed their way thru my range while I sat there. Talk about animal conditioning - they came in while I was shooting and were in no hurry to leave after I finished my box of rounds. Guess my neighbors and the deer feel like they are living in a military armory range.

Reply #21
Here's some couple more pics from our Australia day weekend.

Reply #22
That is crazy jvw. I've seen them do that on gun club ranges, but never a private home range. You must shoot a lot!!

Great photo!

Reply #23
Chaz, that is probably just another Roo to y'all, but to those of us over here across the pond that is a crazy sighting.

Reply #24
Those Roos' can be tough!!

NRA Benefactor Life Member<br>Crafty Old Fart

Reply #25
That is crazy jvw. I've seen them do that on gun club ranges, but never a private home range. You must shoot a lot!!

Great photo!
Actually they have gotten a little pushy since I quit putting them in the freezer a few years ago. Here's one that wanted to come in for breakfast last summer.

And here is another one I caught spying on me watching the football playoffs in December.

I live in an earth home. This little boy was grazing dry grass on the roof and checking me out through the window.

Reply #26
Actually the buck was in the early fall - beginning of football season.

Reply #27
Chaz, that is probably just another Roo to y'all, but to those of us over here across the pond that is a crazy sighting.
Yeah Trent I was thinking, the thing's you see when you don't have a gun.

Reply #29
Tough - meaning to chew!