Skip to main content
Topic: Nature's Best (pics) (Read 9503 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Nature's Best (pics)

Reply #60

Played peekaboo with this little guy in my front yard for about 15 minutes this morning.

Sorry guys - seems I still can’t get Imgur to work off my iPhone. I will keep at it. 😤

Reply #62

Reply #63

Finally got it to upload. 😊

Reply #64

Same buck looking for some Sunday morning delight with the does. 😍

That’s my driveway in the background.

Reply #65
pretty country jerry... nice buck as well...
Grant

Reply #66
Jerry, nice young 4x4.  Maybe in a couple years you'll send us a picture with him a little wider and in some crosshairs!  ;)

Reply #67

This was probably his daddy a few years back. This pic is out my kitchen door. One of my shooting benches in the background. I didn’t see this deer again after the first few months of winter and I think he succumbed to a mountain lion. Look close and you will see his body is in poor condition for the summer months.

Reply #68
Awesome pics. Not sure the hunting in that area would be very challenging, I think it would be my type of hunting.

Reply #69
We have a tom and two queen mountain lions that consider us as part of their territory. When one of them shows up there is not a deer to be seen for several days in a row. 😊  When that happens our dogs get walked at night on lead with a pistol in hand. The deer just learn. I often have to let them pass through my shooting range to finish a group. A month ago we had twelve snipers in to train in the mountainous terrain while several deer stood on the rocks and watched them. Adaptation.

Reply #70
This guy was in my back yard in N. Idaho last summer.  Extremely dry summer pushed more deer down from the mountains than usual. I keep a large bucket of water out back so hopefully they don't cross the highway to the creek. We loose a bunch to traffic every summer. Unfortunately we get some poachers & punk kids "thrill killing" out back, shoot 'em up with the AR/AK and drive off.

We also get Moose & Elk in the winter and into early spring. Caught this old guy taking a break in the cedars on a warm day in April '16.

Occasionally black bear too, had a large one come through last Sep.  We seldom get mountain lions but it's something to keep on your mind when walking the back 40...

ken
Retired USCG E-9

Reply #71
Saw this guy early last spring in WY.

ken
Retired USCG E-9

Reply #72
Truly a blessing to be able to cohabitate with that kind of wildlife. Beautiful kdanie. Thanx for sharing.

Reply #73
Some of you guys are blessed to live in such places. I’m jealous, but glad you share the views with your pictures. Thanks!
RPR 6.5 Creedmoor
Bergara 6 Creedmoor

Reply #74
Before I left on my recent road trip I put out 2 trail cameras, I just got back today and pulled the SD cards. Mostly deer and my neighbor walking his dog but I caught these two in my yard. Looks like early Nov. disregard the dates/times on the pics, I forgot to reset the cameras.

ken
Retired USCG E-9