Skip to main content
Topic: Hearing Protection Act - Email your legislators (Read 1232 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Hearing Protection Act - Email your legislators

Reply #1
Done.

Eric B.
"I can stop buying guns and gun stuff anytime I want - I've done it hundreds of times."

Reply #2
done

Reply #3
I'm being told by gun shop owners that the Safe Hearing Act bill is written to give us our NFA $200. tax back when the bill is passed if we have purchased on of after Jan. 1st, 2017.

But I suppose I'll lose my $100. NFA revocable trust fee even though the trust will still stand. Lawyers always get their pound of flesh! (I should know, both of my daughters are attorneys. Not my fault.)

Eric B.
"I can stop buying guns and gun stuff anytime I want - I've done it hundreds of times."

Reply #4
I believe the date was Jan 9, 2017.  It is the day that the bill was introduced to the house and senate again.

Reply #5
Just finished!

Reply #6
Does the NRA have any sense of when this bill may at least make it through the House?

Eric B.

Reply #7
I think the Hearing Protection Act has no chance of getting through in the current environment. Had it not been for the tragedy in Las Vegas, it probably would have a decent chance of passing through Congress. Now, it is forbidden fruit in my opinion. The mad man with a suppressor would not have been anymore effective given the noise that was present at the time. The bullet is still supersonic and the suppressor, if there is one, will not stop that. From 437 yards (as was reported) the people at the near edge of the parking lot were not likely to hear the shots when they started.
The whole thing is a tragedy. Blaming the firearms for this is like blaming the spoon or fork for making you fat.
I don't want the enemy captured. I want them dead.
Every man has got to know his limits.

Reply #8
I hope it passes and so far as I am concerned they can keep all my stamp taxes I paid in the past.

Reply #9
Done and forwarded to friends to do the same.        8)
Yes, I realize speling is a chalunge for sum of us...I am inkluded in that grup, so pleze fourgiv me. Ski-U-Mah!

Reply #10
Anyone heard a recent update on this?