Skip to main content
Topic: Semi-Auto Assault firearm Bill in Congress (Read 536 times) previous topic - next topic

Semi-Auto Assault firearm Bill in Congress

Just throwing this out there for everyone's awareness.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/5087/text

"Sensible gun laws" apparently mean no guns for anyone....And they wonder why we don't give an inch on guns...

The bill was introduced on 26 Feb. I am not a government expert so if i minced words in my subject it was not intentional...

Re: Semi-Auto Assault firearm Bill in Congress

Reply #1
13 page index can tell you they’re going after everything...

Reply #2
In school, they'd call this plagiarism, a virtual verbatim copy of the earlier AWB.

Not going anywhere. But there are a lot of democrats who took up cosponsorship. 

Reply #3
Its just kinda funny how they wait for a opportunity (Parkland, FL) to launch a 127 page document.

Reply #4
I'm kind of glad they are going full retard on this.

With the mid-term elections coming up, it will give people more reasons to vote conservative.

Usually the pendulum swings back and forth, when one party controls too much of Congress and the presidency, the next election moves things in the opposite direction and often lands on stalemate.

I can't see that happening in anywhere but the most liberal states because anyone without a really strong agenda has got to see what kind of BS the Democrats have been up to for the last 10-15 years.

Those liberal states already have Democrat representatives and senators so that won't change the balance  much.  Republicans might gain in less liberal parts of the country because I'm sure some Democrats can see that their party is the party of corruption and spying and the Trump economic policies are working.

The worst thing would be if the Democrats were trying to appear reasonable ahead of the election.

Reply #5
You guys had best not be complacent with this as you are going to be shocked. This could easily slip away and never recover. Going nowhere??? If it wasn't they would not be going back after this. They are possibly going to try to try to amend the constitution and get the 2nd amendment repealed. This has been a lesson in history with prohibition and it will be a horrible repeat if they pull this off.
I had a dream! Free at last, Free at last! Moving to Idaho

Reply #6
These liberals are extreme Hippocrates. They don’t care about kids being shot or dying from any means. The proof is their continuing support and millions of tax dollars for Planned Parenthood and hundreds of thousands of babies aborted

What makes us American is the Bill of Rights. It makes us totally different and the best place to live in the whole world.

Piss on these Liberals
Talk's cheap....takes money to buy whiskey

Reply #7
13 page index can tell you they’re going after everything...

Everything semiautomatic except rim fire rifles. This ban has hit us before and hopefully we will avoids it this time. America needs to go back and take a long hard look at what happened with Prohibition and the 18th Amendment and why it failed. They want to revisit that exact set of moral control on us once again and it will not fix anything as the issue is not with the banned object but the immoral user. This ban does not appear to have a complete ban as there is the grandfather clause for them but what restrictions will be imposed on our being able to use our firearms? Are we going to have to register our semi autos once again?
There is quite an exempt list of semiauto rifles though. The Browning BAR rifles are exempt but just as deadly. I think they just don't like black rifles.

Reply #8
The list of exempt firearms is interesting. It’s obviously incomplete and in some cases wrong.  Those that conceivably affect me are CZ 452 is exempt but not the 455.  Many Sako’s are exempt, but not the A7 (I have this in 6.5 CM). Several Mauser I own are also not on the list.

This is what happens when a committee of those ignorant of firearms try to come up with a law to solve a problem created by those that won’t follow existing or future laws.  The innocent are the ones that are punished. 

Reply #9
Gee, I didn't see my PS90 with its 50 round mags listed there. Hooray! I can keep it - until they pry it from my hands.

So... what happens to the "grandfathered " assault style firearms when we croak? Can they be "transferred" to our family members either then or before we kick the bucket?

Would we have to engrave our driver's license numbers on our high cap.magazines?

VERY vague in some VERY impotent areas. That's the sign of a good bill, so it can be interpreted to screw us yet again. BOHICA boys, BOHICA!

See? I told you we may need to bury our firearms and ammo. The question is what would be the reason to make it worth digging them up and using them to defend our rights? Maybe that reason is explained in the Declaration of Independence, hmmmmm?

Eric B.
"I can stop buying guns and gun stuff anytime I want - I've done it hundreds of times."

Reply #10
  The innocent are the ones that are punished. 

Then according to your statement none us of are being punished as not one of us is innocent. You are truly only innocent as an infant. there is a huge difference between innocent and not guilty. Why do you think that you cannot plead innocent in court?

Reply #11
You can get a finding of factual innocence in court.

It's a higher standard and since the standard is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, not guilty is the plea that innocent (more or less) people use.

The court isn't concerned with original sin.